20 Years Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing (MIPAA) & 20 Years UNECE Regional Implementation Strategy (RIS): Experiences, Achievements and the Way Forward Meeting-Registration
In April 2002, government representatives from around the world met in Madrid, Spain for the Second World Assembly on Ageing. Together they resolved to adopt a global Plan of Action “to respond to the opportunities and challenges of population ageing in the twenty-first century and to promote the development of a society for all ages”.
20 years later, we are proud to present the many achievements attained within the 4th review and to provide an appraisal of the implementation of MIPAA and RIS 2018 – 2022. At the same time, we would like to commemorate the hard work involved in establishing these structures, which we reached in cooperation with international and national NGOs. We would like to discuss what is crucial for sustaining the intergovernmental work on ageing since lobbying and mainstreaming ageing and the rights of older persons will need even more enthusiasm in the future when the number of older persons will steadily increase.
This meeting invites governmental and non-governmental representatives and older persons who are interested to acknowledge and put forward the legacy of the first 20 years, bearing in mind that the 1st World Assembly on Ageing already took place in Vienna, Austria in 1982.
November 12, 2020 Time: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. (CET) (8:30 to 10:30 EDT)
Jacqueline Stark, PhD, NGO Committee on Ageing Vienna
International Federation on Ageing – greeting
Greg Shaw, Director, Int & Corp Relations
International Federation on Ageing – moderation
S P E AK E R S – PROGRAM
- Alexandre Sidorenko – Head of the UN Programme on Ageing 1988-2009
- From Vienna to Madrid: The Role of the UN Programme on Ageing
- Erika Winkler – Chair of the UNECE Working Group on Ageing 2010-2017
- Austrian Initiative to Establish an UNECE Standing Working Group on Ageing
- Dirk Jarré - President of the European Federation of Older Persons
- Learning from Experience: The Role of NGOs and the Way Forward
- Frances Zainoeddin – Vice Chair of the NGO Committee on Ageing New York
- MIPAA and What Else for Older Persons?
- Vitalija Gaucaite – Wittich Secretary of the UNECE Standing Working Group on Ageing
- Sustainability of the Intergovernmental Work on Ageing
- Christoph Angster – Austrian representative at the OEWG-A
- Synergies of the MIPAA Network and the OEWG-A
- Amal Abou Rafeh – Director of the UN Programme on Ageing
- News from UN Regarding 20 Years MIPAA and the Way Forward