September 2020 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Posted on 25.2.2020 | No Comments
Message to the members and friends of the European Federation of Older Persons – EURAG
by Dirk Jarré, President
Dear Members and Friends of the European Federation of Older Persons!
I hope that you could all start the new year and decade 2020 well - in an enjoyable manner, being reasonably healthy, having plenty of optimistic ideas and pursuing nice plans for your personal future.I hope that you could all start the new year and decade 2020 well - in an enjoyable manner, being reasonably healthy, having plenty of optimistic ideas and pursuing nice plans for your personal future. Due to the ongoing Corona virus pandemic, most regrettably our Swiss hosts had to cancel their invitation to hold the EURAG conference in Morges/Switzerland in May 2020. This also means that we shall not have our next General Council meeting in this or other Swiss city on 15 May 2020. Further information will be provided once the situation becomes clearer and planning of upcoming events will again become possible.
The details on the respective arrangement are available through the General Secretary of EURAG, Dana Steinova.Dirk Jarré, President
Message to the members and friends of the European Federation of Older Persons – EURAG by Dirk Jarré, PresidentPosted on 25.11.2018 | No CommentsMessage of the President of EURAGInternational Forum in Moscow - conclusions and recommendations"
- Education is a process ofcomplex learning, covering much more than the transfer of information and knowledge
- Education is a prerequisite for personal growth and the development or maintenance of the individual’s skills to participate in various areas of society
- Education is a strong promotor of individual and group self-confidence – and thus can result in improved quality of life and a higher sense of contentment
- Education helps to develop and use the potential and talents of people and is meant to build up or extend skills
- Education promotes capacities of understanding and interpretation of facts, ideas, situations and changes
- Education enables people to rationally cope with the complexity and demands of life, society and culture Click to continue on title
Posted on 8.1.2018 | No Comments
Dear Members and Friends of the European Federation of Older Persons!
To begin with, I hope that you - and your whole family - could enjoy some happy, quiet and relaxing days at the end of the year 2017 and that you then had a joyful and optimistic start into 2018. May it be for you a year with many moments of happiness, small and big successes in all your undertakings and, in particular, with solid health.
The year 2017 has been another very effective one for EURAG. Our multiple activities have attracted new members and strengthened our internal “family” as well as our external relationships and the recognition by our partners.
In early May 2017 we had our General Council meeting in Darlówo/Poland together with a very interesting topical conference on the issue of the general importance and the individual value of tourism of older persons. At this occasion we had the great pleasure to enjoy - at the shores of the Baltic Sea - great hospitality of our Polish partners.
Together with our General Assembly in Vienna/Austria, at the end of September - where the Board of EURAG has been re-elected for another 3 years - and during a fascinating topical conference right at the beginning October 2017, we were able to happily celebrate the 55th anniversary of EURAG, the oldest transnational civil society organisation on ageing issues. At this occasion, which took place in the beautiful Town Hall of the City of Vienna, we could welcome many high-ranked guests and listen to beautiful music performances.[continue]
Posted on 13.11.2017 | No Comments
“Formulating public policies on ageing and disability:
the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”
Contribution to a pan Latin-American conference
in Santiago de Chile in September 2017
by Dirk Jarré, President of the European Federation of Older Persons – EURAG
Posted on 12.10.2017 | No Comments
On Saturday, September 30th, 2017 the significant General Council meeting with participation of more than 40 participants from 20 countries of Europe and Israel was held. The demanding agenda was completed in the late afternoon when the General Assembly approached …
Posted on 17.1.2017 | No CommentsDear Members and Friends of the European Federation of Older Persons!
First of all I hope that you and your families have been able to start the new year joyfully and in an optimistic mood. At the same time I wish you all a happy, interesting and reasonably healthy 2017 - as a good basis to energetically and successfully implement your life plans during the next 12 month and go on being an important and honoured actor in your family, in the circle of your friends as well as in society at large.
While present political, social and economic processes do not always produce results to our full liking, our own organisation - the European Federation of Older Persons - can look back to an excellent development during the last year:
- We had two very good, well attended and forward looking General Council meetings in Ljubljana and in Bratislava where we experienced high recognition of our common work and could enjoy great hospitality rendered by our local friends and by public institutions.
- We have very successfully finished our cooperation with high-level partners in the research project of the European Union named “Social Innovation on Active and Healthy Ageing for Sustainable Economic Growth”, SIforAGE, to which EURAG has contributed number of scientific and strategic papers. The project has ended with a remarkable international conference in Barcelona in October last and has published, on the initiative of EURAG, a White Paper titled “Making Choices for a Society for All Ages” in 9 languages. For more details see below.
- In this context EURAG has continued its substantive reflection work within the NGO Committee on Ageing at the United Nations in Vienna - in particular on issues of participation of older persons in society - and has arranged, through its good contacts, for a conference of SIforAGE in the European Parliament titled “Towards ‘A Europe For All Ages’ - Social Innovation Strategies for Active and Healthy Ageing Policies in the European Union”.
Posted on 2.12.2015 | No CommentsDear Members and Friends of the European Federation of Older Persons!
Another good year for EURAG comes to an end. We had two well-attended and successful General Council sessions in Spring in Berlin and in Autumn in Paris where we discussed intensely new orientations of EURAG and corresponding policies. Both meetings were surrounded by most pleasant side-programmes offered by our respective hosting member organisations. They promoted so much internal communication, the sense of cohesion and solidarity between our members. Our contributions to the EU research project “Social Innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing”, SIforAGE, have been very substantial and highly valued by the partners of the project. Together with the UN NGO Committee on Ageing Vienna we have produced a publication titled “Recommendations for Decision Makers to Promote Active Ageing”. It contains 31 comments and recommendations addressing 7 different issue areas where good governance and action are needed to improve the situation of older persons in our society. I strongly recommend that you use this publication to lobby decision makers in relevant sectors at all levels – and that you share it widely with your relatives and friends in order to promote common reflection. You can find the publication under the link “News - AGE”. It might also interest you that EURAG is again represented by its president in the UNECE “Working Group on Ageing” for another mandate period of two years. This is very important as the Bureau of the Working Group will prepare the 3 UNECE Ministerial Conference on Ageing to take place in Autumn 2017 in Istanbul. EURAG has also been successful in proposing Dirk Jarré as Delegate for the “Consultative Committee on Industrial Change” of the European Economic and Social Committee where he will serve for the coming years in working on opinions to influence the organs of the European Union in their industry and services related policies. Finally I wish you personally, as well as your families and friends, a very pleasant and peaceful rest of the year. Thus I send you Seasons’ Greetings and hope that you all have a joyful and optimistic start into the New Year 2016.
Kronberg, 01 December 2015,
Dirk Jarré, President of EURAG
MESSAGE OF DIRK JARRÉ IN GERMAN
Posted on 24.9.2015 | No Comments
AGE General Assembly 2015, Final Declaration
A number of binding instruments enshrine rights relevant to older people, such as the European Convention of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Economic and Social Rights and the UN Convention on the …