Posted on 25.11.2018
Message of the President of EURAG
| No Comments
International Forum of the Russian Union of Pensioners and the European Federation of Older Persons Moscow, Russia, 19 September 2019
on “Lifelong Learning - The Right of Access to Education for Older Persons”
Conclusions and recommendations
International Forum in Moscow - conclusions and recommendations"
(As of 01November 2019)
The International Forum on “Lifelong Learning - The Right of Access to Education for Older Persons”
, that took place in Moscow on 19 September 2019, has been attended by a great number of high-level representatives of Russian political bodies, public administrations, science and research andcivil society – as well as members of the Russian Union of Pensioners and the European Federation of Older Persons.
The various outstanding expert contributions to the topic were debatedin three working groups and commented on in the plenaries.
From the presentations in the International Forum and from the ensuing discussions the following conclusions
can be drawn:
- Education is a process ofcomplex learning, covering much more than the transfer of information and knowledge
- Education is a prerequisite for personal growth and the development or maintenance of the individual’s skills to participate in various areas of society
- Education is a strong promotor of individual and group self-confidence – and thus can result in improved quality of life and a higher sense of contentment
- Education helps to develop and use the potential and talents of people and is meant to build up or extend skills
- Education promotes capacities of understanding and interpretation of facts, ideas, situations and changes
- Education enables people to rationally cope with the complexity and demands of life, society and culture
Click to continue on title